Latest News

UAE claims that the two missiles discovered earlier were launched by Iran

Defense ministry of the United Arab?Emirates said Tuesday?that they detected two ballistic?missiles launched from?Iran. This is the first?such?incident?reported?since a strike on the Fujairah Port on May 4.

One missile was said to have fallen in territorial waters while the other one fell outside.

Iran has not yet responded to the report.

The missile launch comes as the 60-day window of U.S.-Iranian talks ended?on?Monday without a breakthrough. This has raised fears of a re-escalation of the conflict, which has caused shipping to be disrupted through the Strait of Hormuz ever since?February. The defense ministry said that it was "fully prepared to deal with threats and to firmly combat anything that seeks to destabilize state security." The UAE's interior ministry had sent out a phone message to residents earlier on Tuesday stating that the situation was safe, and they should resume their normal activities following an alert warning about a?missile threat. The UAE accused Iran of attacking its state-owned ADNOC ships while they were transiting the Strait of Hormuz. Iran has not claimed responsibility for the attacks on ADNOC vessels. Iran's Revolutionary Guards had previously threatened to take action against vessels that transited the strait if those vessels were 'linked' to Tehran's enemies?or failed to follow Iranian directives.

(source: Reuters)