Latest News

Israeli airstrikes kill 11, Palestinians claim; Israel claims Hamas broke truce

Officials from the Palestinian Authority said that Israel launched airstrikes in the Gaza Strip, killing 11 Palestinians. The military claimed the strikes were a response to the ceasefire violations committed by the militant Palestinian group Hamas.

Gaza medics reported that a?Israeli airstrike? on a tent camp housing displaced families has killed at least four. Health officials have confirmed another strike in Khan Younis, in the south. A fifth person has been shot dead in Khan Younis, in the north.

In the Tel Al-Hawa neighborhood of Gaza City, airstrikes were also launched against what was believed to be the commander of the Islamic Jihad, an ally Hamas.

Hazem Qassem is the Hamas spokesperson for Gaza. He accused Israel of a "massacre" of Palestinians who were displaced.

Israeli military officials called Sunday's strikes?precise?" and in accordance with international law. They also said that the Palestinian militant group repeatedly violated a October ceasefire.

Israel and Hamas repeatedly blamed each other for violating the ceasefire agreement, which is a crucial element in Trump's plan to stop the Gaza War, the bloodiest and most destructive conflict between Israel and Palestine over the years.

According to Israeli statistics, the war began with the Hamas attack of October 7, 2023 on southern?Israel which killed more than 1,200. According to Palestinian data, Israel's air-and-ground war in Gaza since then has killed over?72,000 Palestinians.

TRUMP'S "BOARD OF PEACE" TO HOLD ITS FIRST MEETING THURSDAY

An Israeli military official stated that "in recent hours the IDF has started striking in response to Hamas’s blatant breach of the ceasefire yesterday in the Beit Hanoi area."

Officials said that militants emerged from a tunnel located on the Israeli side the of "Yellow Line", which was agreed upon under the ceasefire agreement to demarcate Israeli and Hamas controlled areas.

The official stated that crossing the Yellow Line near IDF troops while armed is an explicit ceasefire breach. It shows how Hamas violates the "ceasefire agreement" with the intent to harm IDF soldiers.

Israel unilaterally shifted the yellow line further into Gaza, despite the fact that Israeli withdrawals were part of the ceasefire agreement. Hamas, meanwhile, has rejected the demands for it to lay down its weapons as stipulated in the plan. Israel said that it would have to force Hamas into disarming if they didn't.

Qassem urged all those who attended the first meeting of Trump’s new international Board of Peace for Gaza, which took place on Thursday, to pressurize Israel to stop violating truces and implement the agreement immediately.

Last week, U.S. officials informed? Last week, U.S. officials told?

Israeli officials said they continued to destroy tunnels under the Gaza Strip according to the agreement. They also stated that their aircraft attacked a building located east of the Yellow Line after seeing militants emerge from a tunnel, killing 'at least two' of them. Gaza officials did not have any information about the reported casualties.

Gaza's health ministry reports that Israel has killed at least 600 Palestinians since the Gaza agreement began. Israel claims that militants have killed four Israeli soldiers in Gaza during the same time period. Reporting by Nidal Al-Mughrabi, Steven Scheer and William Mallard; Editing and Philippa Fletcher by William Mallard

(source: Reuters)